KHQ Job Fair
Join us for Spokane's largest hiring event, held annually in May
This event is a collaborative offering from KHQ Q6, the Spokane Workforce Council, and WorkSource Spokane. Each year we also offer co-sponsorship opportunities to local businesses. Employers who attend range across many industries, and job opportunities span from entry-level to executive. WorkSource Spokane offers prep sessions for both employers and job seekers to help all attendees have the best possible experience. This signature hiring event has been offered since 2014, and has grown to host over 110 employers and over 1,200 job seekers each year.
Now seeking sponsors for the 2020 event, to be held in May. If your business is interested, please email us!
May 23, 2019 | 11am-2pm | Spokane Convention Center
Registration deadline was May 13th, 2019. The event is completely full, and we are running a waitlist.
1. Standard Booth – Price $150.00
**Update – Standard Booths are sold out for this event**
Price includes a 10’x10′ vendor booth with draped 8′ table, two chairs, parking for one vehicle, and two lunches. Electrical access, additional lunches or parking passes, and featured booth status are available for additional cost.
Please note that we do not make a profit on this event – all fees are used to help cover costs.
2. Featured Booth – Price $350.00
**Update – Featured Booths are sold out for this event**
Price includes all items included with standard registration, plus prime booth placement at the event near the front doors. Businesses will also be listed as “Featured Employers” on our website, with your logo on event materials and opportunities to market your open positions ahead of the event.
Talent Solutions from WorkSource is offering a “Maximizing your Job Fair Experience” webinar, a short training which will give you tips and tricks to attract candidates to your booth and have fruitful conversations at the fair. The training will include how to develop a job fair strategy, proper booth setup, and how to boost your brand at the event. The webinar is FREE and open to all.
- When: Thursday, May 16, 10:30-11:00 am
- Did you miss the webinar? Click here to view the recorded training!
- Click here to see a load/unload and parking map.
- Spokane Public Library will have a computer lab onsite where you can direct candidates to apply online.
- A semi-private interview room will be available onsite for same-day interviews.
- Didn’t order enough lunch tickets? Food will be available for purchase in the lobby of the event.
- Please bring extra copies of applications and other materials. We don’t have the ability to make photocopies at the event.
- Please note, helium balloons are NOT allowed in the event ballrooms.
Registration is not required for attendance.
- Click here to see an event and parking map.
- Admission is FREE to job-seekers, but parking is on your own.
- Food will be available for purchase in the lobby of the event.
- Spokane Public Library will have an on-site computer lab where you can print your résumé, apply to jobs online, and more.
1. Prepare for Success – WorkSource can help you stand out from the crowd in the busy job fair environment! Job fair prep sessions are offered on the following dates:
Tuesday, May 14, 10:00-11:30am – Click here to RSVP
Wednesday, May 15, 1:30-3:00pm – Click here to RSVP
Thursday, May 16, 1:30-3:00pm – Click here to RSVP
All sessions will cover the same material – you only need to attend once! All sessions will be held at WorkSource: 130 S Arthur Street, 99202
Questions? Call 509-532-3120
2. Connect Center at KHQ
On May 9, KHQ will be hosting a call-in hour during the evening news beginning at 5 PM, with phones manned by WorkSource Career Coaches. Anyone in the area can call in and get on-the-spot help with résumés, information about how to prep for the job fair, and other job search tips and tricks. Tune in to channel 6 on May 9 to access the Connect Center.
3. Make the Most of the Job Fair
This is a hiring event, and job offers are made on the spot each year. To ensure your best experience, dress for success and come prepared to interview for jobs! Researching the employers ahead of time can really help you have a positive experience. Our employer list includes job openings, minimum requirements, and company websites. View the list of Attending Employers.
May 23, 2019
WHAT PEOPLE SAID ABOUT THE EVENT
"It was a well-organized event that provided us an opportunity to immediately meet dozens of qualified candidates. We made offers to four individuals we met that day. I am already looking forward to attending next year."
"I went to the job fair and I already have two interviews...Wow I just started this process. Thank you!"
"This was our first time at the career fair, and over 19 years of doing various fairs in Chicago and Seattle, this was by far the best one I've ever attended. THANK YOU!"
"WorkSource employees are extremely professional and knowledgeable; it's great to work with staff who are fully trained and ready for an event of this size."
"Thank you for doing this, it is a great use of employers' resources and employees' time."
- 115 Employers
- 1,155 Job Seekers
- Event was rated Good, Very Good, or Excellent by 88% of job seekers and 100% of employers surveyed.
- One month out from the event, 71 hires have been confirmed
- More than half of job seekers and employers surveyed said they’re still actively pursuing leads from the event.
May 24, 2018
WHAT EMPLOYERS SAID ABOUT OUR JOB FAIR
"This event is one that we look forward to every year. It's very well put together, it's professional, and we always meet the right people."
"The service and accommodations were excellent. Thank you."
"The event was great and I would recommend the KHQ Job Fair to anyone seeking employment."
"This was the best by far of the three job fairs I've attended this spring."
Job Offers and Hires
Although it can be challenging to track hires made as a result of job fairs, we know of 57 job offers that were made as a direct result of this event. In addition, one month after the event, 60% of employers surveyed indicated that they were still vetting promising candidates and may make more job offers.
May 17, 2017
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT OUR JOB FAIR
"This is our third year attending the KHQ/WorkSource Job Fair, and we doubled what we hired last year. I am already looking forward to next year."
"The service and accommodations were excellent. Thank you."
"We interviewed two candidates today and made both offers from the job fair. SUCCESS!"
"The best ever!"